AIKO Beta Round I — Thank You for Beta Testing!

Thank you for your intrepid spirit and hard work during the Beta testing phase of AIKO. We appreciate the feedback you’ve given thus so far, and are looking forward to seeing your reactions as you test additional content.

Though AIKO beta test draws to a close, AIKO is not yet finalized, and some options are still under development and may not be completed or finalized. Please feel free to submit any issues or feature requests and comments in this forum so we may resolve them for our product.

We would also be very grateful for your answers to the following questions:

1. Please rate AIKO on a scale of 1 – 5:
    5 – Excellent 4 – Good 3 – Fair 2 – Unsatisfactory 1 – Poor

2. In your own words, what are the things that you like most about AIKO?

3. What are the things that you are not satisfied with AIKO? Will you please describe why and how to improve it?

4. Are there any other comments about AIKO you would like to add?

Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. :relaxed:

1 Like
  1. I confidently give it a four. Reason being, I would like to be louder when it beeps for location and I would like to find a better way to attach it to my keys, I know it is also designed to locate other things, like luggage, but a key chain or small hole would be a great addition.

2. I really like that it’s fast and responds well and I like that it’s multipurpose, I can find my keys with my phone or my phone with my keys all with one device. The map and application work wonderfully with my phone and since the last update location has been greatly improved in accuracy. Lastly I really like the separation alarm, it works wonders when I leave your keys or my purse with my keys in it laying somewhere, I always have my phone in my pocket and get a quick alert that something isn’t right.

3. As mentioned in one I would like for the beeping when locating the keys to be louder, if Aiko is in a purse or bag it can barely be heard. I would also like to see a better way to attach it to key rings. I understand that the device is designed to be used for other things, in which the included string would work but it would be nice to see a keyring or small hole so it attaches easier to keys.

1 Like

Please rate AIKO on a scale of 1 – 5:5 – Excellent 4 – Good 3 – Fair 2 – Unsatisfactory 1 – Poor
I rate it 4.

In your own words, what are the things that you like most about AIKO?
I love the beeping feature, and that it also works in reverse to find my phone. I am more likely to lose my phone than my keys, so that’s pretty handy!

What are the things that you are not satisfied with AIKO? Will you please describe why and how to improve it? I was initially having problems connecting and with using the map feature. However, that problem seems to be resolved.

Are there any other comments about AIKO you would like to add? I’ve had zero problems with stability in the past few days. I’m hoping that continues indefinitely.

1 Like
  1. As it stands now I feel the need to give it only a 2. I love the concept but so far mine has been unable to trust as a key finder.
  1. I love the look and feel of Aiko. The Aiko is very sleek and classy so it just looks like it belongs on my key ring. Instead of being bulky and cumbersome it fits in perfectly with my keys. And most of all I like that it has huge potential once the bugs are worked out.

2. I suppose I must say that I don’t like that mine has not worked well enough for me to trust it as a key finder. The location is delayed, the connection is never reliable, and the sound is never loud enough (my connection is hardly ever well enough to even beep though). Last night the update did seem to improve things so a better connection would help greatly. The separation alarm is rather inconvenient as of right now since my Aiko separates from my phone as I travel about the rooms of my own home. An added feature that would be nice is some way of letting the app know that if I am at my home location and Aiko is also than no alarm is needed but just the ability to beep incase my keys are misplaced.

3. Despite the issues I have had I still have faith in the product and the dev team. I will be honest and say that this is rare for me as a beta tester. Normally I feel if you cannot get the basic function to work all hope is gone, but you have challenged me to test while you continue to update based on my issues. I truly appreciate that while I must take time you truly give back with great improvement.

1 Like

My overall experience with AIKO was awesome. It was so interesting to know that such a tiny device can tabulate your location instantly.

1. I would rate AIKO a number 2 for fair. This is due to the volume should be adustable, so that if you are really not able to find your keys or what you are looking for in a short distance maybe its in a long distance which cannot be heard, the app should have a adjustable volume to control if and when this happens. Also, previously before updates on app the additional links were not working, now I see its only the privacy link is taking long to load and stalling the app. It would also be nice if it was a everlasting battery, it appears it only last a year. But, how do you know actually when the battery is about to die…What if you are searching for your keys or item and you didn’t know the battery was low you would never find it.
  2. I love how innovative AIKO brings modern technology to our world. Not only do you have a device that you can use to find keys but you can attach it to your luggage, etc. It makes things much simpler knowing that you have a reliable device as small as AIKO bringing you the exact proximity of your keys or items.
    3.I think the application has a lot of work, its a little bit to simplex for the technology. It tends to stall when open privacy link. I would like to see he volume be adjustable, so that if you are really not able to find your keys or what you are looking for in a short distance maybe its in a long distance which cannot be heard, the app should have a adjustable volume to control if and when this happens Also, a battery that everlasting (solar). And most importantly a link to show how much battery life is left in the device…Even water resistant is very important while traveling it can get water and not work or even lower the intended battery life. I see more flashy colors, a smaller shape…Overall, AIKO has done well so far and I would be excited to see whats next that they have to offer. It was a honor to test such a modernize technological key that brings all of the best in finding my keys or other items!
1 Like

I am going to rate the AIKO a 2 and here is why:

When I first received the AIKO, I had an issue getting it to power on even after following the picture and directions that were included. I finally got it figured out after about 15 minutes. One I had it powered on it was very easy to connect and set up. I simply followed the instructions on my phone and it was finished setting up. I found that this was very easy to use up until the last updated. Since the last updated I have been unable to use my AIKO for a key finder. It only brings up a map of my home address now and no longer gives me the option to find my keys. I also did not like the fact that I couldn’t adjust the beeping volume. I would have liked to have been able to adjust the volume to make it louder as I am very hard of hearing.

1 Like

@bklaber Hi, here is AIKO dev team. May you tell us the account email logged in AIKO app? And can you describe a little more detail after you last update you can’t use your AIKO? Waiting your reply…

@bklaber Hi , please swipe AIKO App out in " Recent Task Manager " and relaunch AIKO App , then check whether the issue has been resolved , Waiting your reply …

I am using bklaber@gmail.com. After updating, I went to find my keys by pressing keys and it just takes me to a map. I’m not sure how else to describe it. I tried swipping it out of the recent task manager but it’s still not giving me the option to find my keys.

Could you please take some screenshots? Do you mean there were no BEEP button or Marker on the map?

Please close your phone’s bluetooth , wait for a while maybe 10 seconds , then reopen it , after AIKO connected the BEEP button should be visible over there.

I am having this same problem. My Aiko won’t stay connected in order to beep to find. Do you know the general area where your keys might be? If so try moving in the direction you think they are and see if they connect

Please rate AIKO on a scale of 1 – 5:5 – Excellent 4 – Good 3 – Fair 2 – Unsatisfactory 1 – Poor

In your own words, what are the things that you like most about AIKO?
I really like the size shape and colors (mine is purple/white). It is non intrusive or extra dangly on my keychain.

What are the things that you are not satisfied with AIKO? Will you please describe why and how to improve it?
The disconnected alarm. I realize i can turn it off, but there are times i do want it on and to have to go into settings each time is a pain. I would love a ‘home’ ‘work’ ‘other’ location that you can set that it doesn’t peep at you. When i’m in those areas i keep my keys in one spot and my phone on me, it disconnects a lot and the beeps drive me nuts lol :slight_smile:

Are there any other comments about AIKO you would like to add?
It would be nice if i logged out of the account on my phone, that when i logged in again that i didn’t have to resync the device.
I appreciate your attentive support team!

3 Likes
  1. 4.5

2. I love the fact that the app was super easy to download. I like the look of the AIKO. It looked sleek and sophisticated. I got a lot of questions about what it was as well.

3. The reason I gave it a 4.5 was because the leather strap that connects it to the keychain was a little long, and I feel it did not match the sleek look of the AIKO. I would recommend another type of connection.

4. Good product overall. Does what it is supposed to do!

1 Like

Thank you for letting us test it!

1. I love my AIKO, so I’d go with 5. It’s sleek and pretty and it gets a lot of attention when I put my keys down on a table with friends. Got rid of the strap, though. It doesn’t fit, even as a pet finder.

• What I was most worries about is the battery life. I’ve tried two other key finders based on BT and in the moment of truth they failed miserably. Classic example, I didn’t try my key finder for a while (because I had they keys, yes?) and them I lost it. But apparently by the time it happened, the battery already died. So now I not only paid for the key finder, but also a fine to my landlord for losing my keys.
  • When I got my AIKO testing this feature was the most important to me. I kept calling my phone and then my keys, and then my phone again, putting them as far from each other as I could to try and drain the battery. No success so far, I guess you did well.
    • When calling the phone, I’d like to see an option to stop the beeping from the lock screen, or at least make the app open when I unlock. Every time I had to search for the app in order to stop the ringtone. I also couldn’t find where to set the key’s ringtone. When the key’s separated from my phone it was one ringing, when the keys called my phoned it was another, but I didn’t recognize it because I didn’t choose it. I had to turn off the separation alarm, as both my husband and I use the car and it was annoying to turn it off every time he went out with my AIKO. I’m not sure the having it on as default is the right thing.
  • Additionally, the app crushed a few times, no big deal, I’m sure you’ll make it more stable in the final version.
  • I couldn’t use AIKO as a pet finder because it’s too long and I have cats. It would be okay for a large or even a medium size dog but the problem with cats it that they dip it in their water bowl as they drink. So unless it is waterproof and shorter it is useless in that sense.
2 Likes
  1. When I had it working I thought it did its job very well! I would give it a 4

2. I like that it is a multi function product. I also like that its small and sleek, AND i dont have to remember to charge it up. With other devices, every time I would go to use it it would be dead because I would forget to charge it. In

3. I had and have issues with deleting the device in the app and then not being able to reconnect it through the app. So I basically had a dead unit until earlier today now with no means to connect it to the app. Once I got the latest app update I was able to reconnect it. These are minor TESTING issues and not so much issues with the device itself. The device itself is pretty great! I do wish there was a way to replace the battery once it dies (is it a CR battery?)

I got the AIKO usable again today so I will continue testing! This a great product and will be very helpful for A LOT of people!

1 Like

We would also be very grateful for your answers to the following questions:

Please rate AIKO on a scale of 1 – 5:

In your own words, what are the things that you like most about AIKO?very user friendly and the actually aiko looks very nice and sleek.

What are the things that you are not satisfied with AIKO? Will you please describe why and how to improve it? the aiko is too big. should be smaller.

Are there any other comments about AIKO you would like to add?

1 Like

Overall, the experience with AIKO was a positive one.

As it is now, I would rate a 3. I really love the idea and the beginning stages of AIKO. I enjoyed the easy setup, in which I experienced no connection issues. I love the separation alarm. I was very surprised that it stayed connected once I left nut house to go to my car. My favorite feature has to be the ease of reading the locator and the slim design.

Things I would improve are sound, sound, sound. AIKO was not loud enough to hear at times, depending on the location of my keys. I often leave my keys in a drawer at work throughout the day and it was very muffled when attempting to locate. I would also like to see a function allowing you to customize not only volume but the number of times the AIKO beeps and maybe a specific pattern of beeps.

Overall, the AIKO was functional and got the job done. I fang say is improved my ability NOT to permanently lose things.

1 Like

I just got mine and it didint come with a manual first off. I had a hard time downloading the app. I had to dowload it many times before it worked. But some things I found were the map is not real time. If your keys are moving you have to exit out and re enter for the map to update. Would be great if it were really time. Also the notification of when your keys separate is great however is isn’t very loud I have missed the notification several times. Would be great if it was louder or vibrated while the noise was being produced. Custom notification sounds would also be helpful. Also putting the Akio on my keys was very difficult maybe adding a key ring to them would be helpful. The beep of the device is also not very loud if your trying to find your keys.
If the Akio could also beep when you leave yor phone that would e awesome
I do love how you can call your phone from it even if you have it on vibrate the phone will ring.:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Hi, @berniceleslie
We would like to know your overall rating of AIKO.
Please rate AIKO on a scale of 1 – 5:
5 – Excellent 4 – Good 3 – Fair 2 – Unsatisfactory 1 – Poor