Cap is cracked/broken

Want to know what your policy is about replacing cracked/broken caps on the tire safety monitors. My front right monitor’s cap is cracked.

They should’ve come with replacement caps (mine came with 2). I know I had to replace one of mine so far due to hitting a curb.

good luck, I was never able to get them replaced. Wish the plastic was a little stronger, however I am sure they did it to reduce interference with the transmitter. You may be able to try black electrical tape as a short term fix to protect them.

I want to know if there is a way to order more. The caps are all cracked on one of my vehicles (I have a set for both of my cars). The one in question isn’t in my carport so it is exposed to more extreme temperature fluctuations and soon my other car will be too. I undearstand these can’t be more durable for weight and cost concerns, but I need a cheap option to replace the caps or this isn’t a long term viable product.

So far these have helped me catch over inflated tires on several occasions (thanks Costco) and one slow leak. I’d hate to stop using this product!

Hello compcab,
The caps can be ordered separately by sending request directly to cs@nonda.us, however, as far as I know, there’s no stock at this moment, you might have to wait for a couple of days.
BTW the caps are free of charge with no more than 4 pcs per order, you only have to pay for the delivery fee.

Feel free to contact more if you have other issues.
Best Regards,
Julieta

Hello everyone. About cracking caps - see my solution here: Help for locking the sensors
Heat shrink - works flowerless, takes 5 mins to apply and the sensors are sealed for almost a year. Just changed two sensors batteries and applied a new shrink. Just be careful not to overheat the sensor while shrinking it.
And some advice - replace the cracked caps immediately. One of the sensors started to corrode inside because of cracked cap not changed when I saw it.

2 Likes