Dash Cam

Hello, this morning when I got into my car and turned on my car after about 10 seconds the dash cam came on and starting beeping at me again. I have to unplug it and plug it back in, now this is hard wired into my car, so it turns off and on with the ignition. Any ideas, suggestions?

Hello @mike2
Could you let me know if you have activated the Battery Discharge Prevention?

If it’s on, the Dash Cam will automatically shut down itself when no movements were detected in 60 seconds.

However, when you say it “automatically” shuts down, do you mean the Wi-Fi is down (LED turning from Blue to White), or the device itself is down (without any LED light).

In case we might have any misunderstanding around here. Here’s the reference for you on how the Dash Cam should work:
How does the camera work?

Click once (single click) will turn on the wifi of the dash cam. (LED flashing Blue when Wi-Fi is activated, you will hear it beep twice)
Once wifi is turned on, go to your cell phone’s settings and connect, it shall be in the format like ZUS_DC_XXXX.
Go back to ZUS app, watch the preview video. If you have any video clip that you wish to save to your phone, simply click the three dots on each video clip. If you have problem downloading or the download speed is intolerable, please let me know.
Wi-Fi will automatically go off when you are not operating/managing the files in ZUS app for 2 minutes. (LED turning to Solid White) This is to prevent the scenario when a user forgets to turn off the wifi and thus causing the video not recording. (Video stops recording when you manually turn on the wifi).

1 Like

Julieta,

Thanks, sorry for the delay. I have the dash cam hard wired to my car and turns on the power by the ignition. I will check that setting, I believe I have it turned off. It’s when either I remote start my car or I just get in and put my key in the ignition and turn it on. The dash cam turns on and then all of a sudden starts beeping, I have to unplug the cable and plug it back in, in order for it to stop beeping and turn off then turn back on.

What’s the make and model of your vehicle that your using? I wonder if the remote start opinion reduces power to the cigarette lighter, and has it loop.

If you don’t remote start your vehicle, does it still get into a boot loop?

It’s beeping in a cycle like beep-beep-beep or ? Will it ever stop if you don’t turn it off? How’s the LED light? Was it flashing red?

Sorry for the delay, 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport LE, Viper remote start. Doesn’t happen every time or every day. This is happening when it feels like it, I guess a way to say it.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay, fast beeping, I can’t remember what color the LED light is. I think blue, but I’ll look the next time it happens again. I have to unplug the power cord and wait for it to stop and then plug it back in.

Hi, we are in a polar vortex the last two days in Chicagoland. This morning I started my car for a few minutes and the dash cam started doing the fast beeping. I unplugged it. I manually started the car, not with remote start since I’m home and it is in the garage. Thought I’d share.

Hello, just an FYI it did it again this morning when I manually started my car. Two times today I remote started my car and it did NOT do it. So, it has a mind of its own. Thought I’d share.

Hello,

An odd thing happened this morning with the dash cam, a steady blue light, not blinking or flashing. I pushed the button once, it went into wifi mode. I pushed it again and it turned off wifi mode but went back to a solid blue light. I turned it off and then back on, white light. Weird to me, and its still doing its random beeping at me when it feels like it.

Hi,

I remote started my car before lunch and when I got to my car the dash cam was beeping. I had to unplug it for a few seconds and plug it back in. When I got back to work from lunch break, I unplugged it. I might have to do this every time I go and stop somewhere until engineer’s can figure out why this is happening.

Hello Mike,
What’s the SD card you are using? 64GB? Is it full?

64GB, no, it’s not full.

This is interesting, I have a similar problem. My dashcam turns on normally after I start the car (“Battery discharge prevention” is not on, not needed), but after driving a bit seems to reboot in a rapid pace (beeps like when it first turns on, blue light blinking). 30 seconds quiet, reboots again, rinse and repeat.

I had this problem very seldom in the beginning, but it got gradually worse, now I have it constantly. Unpluggin and plugging back in does not help, or only helps for five minutes or so.

Have already formatted the card, no use. Is there any log of some kind where I could check what the problem is?

Hi @roland.mettler We will look into this issue, if there’s further troubleshooting needed, will let you know ASAP.
Thanks!

Hello, this morning when I got into my car and turned it on, after the dash cam turned on it started to do its beeping again. I had to unplug the power cord and plug it back in. Just thought I’d share.

Hello Mike,
Do you have a SD card reader and check the SD card file format? Could you check if your SD card is FAT-32? This needs to be checked via a desktop, sorry for the inconvenience.
Also from where did you get the SD card?

Hello, sure, I can check it. Last time I reformatted it to FAT-32 on my laptop. I’ll get back to you about this.

May I know it’s a windows or mac?

If you are doing it on a windows, please make sure you set the Allocation File Size at 64 KB. As shown in the pic.
Allocation_Unit_Size