[Experiment] Change the Battery of Sensor

Hello STSM a-Fans testers,
I would like to ask you a favor to change the battery of your sensor and leave us feedback in the following sequence:

1. Can you smoothly unmount the sensor cap, pull out the battery, insert the battery and screw back the sensor cap?
  2. Take a picture of the sensor that you’ve worked with when it’s done.

By “change” I don’t really mean you have to purchase a new battery for it, just pull out the battery inside and insert it back.
That will help us look into the sensor cap issues as raised by some users in their feedback.

Thank you, guys!

1 Like

@Julieta I had given some feedback in my initial review - do you want me to go through this again and take pictures or would that just be a “duplicate”? Not sure which way provides better feedback for you guys… :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Hi @Andrew no need to, as this is a general one towards all a-Fans testers, no need to repeat the job.
Thank you for such a quick response, barely posted it. :wink:

2 Likes

1 minute and 28 seconds is all it took… and it’s because I had secured the sensors with the safety washer so it took a little longer…

EXTREMELY easy to change the battery. I only changed one battery but driving calibration was needed for 3 (including the one I changed) out of the 4 sensors.

I love the STSM! It’s a great addition to any car, old or new!

1 Like

@Jonathan_Martin Thank you so much! :wink:

I checked mine this morning and noticed 2 of the cap covers are cracked/broken…

are replacements available?

2 Likes

Hi @bobbysimonii Can I have a look at the broken sensor caps, in the meanwhile I will ask team if they have spare ones. Thank you.
BTW, are they giving readings on APP?

1 Like

@Julieta

The front left does not secure tightly and the back right has a crack:

As for readings they both are showing readings however not sure how accurate as I do not have a tire Gage on hand to compare but the are showing 37.4 and 34.9 psi.

1 Like

Thank you @bobbysimonii I will discuss your case with our hardware team. Will check if they have spare ones in stock.

2 Likes

Ill check that and let you know @Julieta

1 Like

Hi @bobbysimonii May I know approximately when did you discover the cracks on the cap? I mean it’s naturally worn out? After first installation, have you ever removed and re-installed or just leave it there? Did you take it to a car wash?

1 Like

Good morning @Julieta!

I discovered them on Saturday after washing my car at a local car wash. After drying my car, I was starting to drive and the system started beeping and when I loaded the app they appeared to be disconnected. I walked around to check both and noticed them at that time. After removing both batteries and placing them back in they came back up.

If you have a way for me to pull the logs i’d be happy to in case it has information that you need.

1 Like
  1. Can you smoothly unmounted the sensor cap, pull out the battery, insert the battery and screw back the sensor cap?

The cap was smoothly removed without issues. Battery was taken out easily. Screwedback on was accurate with no issues. No cracks on any of the 4 sensors either.

2 Likes

Thank you @Henrick_Rawlins

2 Likes

The metal battery holder has come off the sensor. I’m unable to install it with the two tabs inserted into the bottom of the sensor. Must they have contact in order to operate or may I just place the holder over the battery and screw the cap back on?