Fails to save location most of the time

Since switching to Android my Zus saves my location about 25% of the time. The rest of the time I get Failed to save take a photo. Anyone have any suggestions?

Was there any indication that reminded you fail to locate and suggested you to take a photo of your surroundings? If so, maybe you are not in an open field, and can not receive GPS signal.

So the places that worked perfectly before when I had an iPhone don’t work most of the time now with my Android .

Oh there may be some bugs. We will figure it out, and sorry for the inconvenience it caused.:sweat:

I’m having the same issue. I’ve always had android though. I’m getting more issues with it not saving my location as well. A lot of time’s it’s because of no gps signal. Is it my phone or the zus unit that is the problem?

I have too Android phones, HTC M8 has the same issue, but Galaxy S6 just fine. It’s really weird.

@imzbest1 Well It’s hard to tell because it’s location function mainly depends on phone’s built-in GPS performance. Because Android phones differ in system and hardware, so it may be a little bit difference in performance. Maybe you can give us a screenshot or something that provides more specific details, so we can help handle this issue.:relaxed:

My Zus fails to notice that I have gotten back into my car and changed location. It continues to think the old location is where the car is.
My charger stays powered even when the car is turned off. Is this the reason that Zus fails to notice that the car was moved?
Are there any simple fixes for this issue?

Thanks

I am trying to find an older thread where this issue was mentioned. What I remember @Gordon saying was if you walk away with the app it should disconnect and save your location. But it sounds like that is not the case for you. Hopefully tagging him will get his attention and he can help you out!

@Becky_Freeman Thank you for reminding me! @Chul_Kim Actually we are checking some tracking to find out what’s the problem. That issue is not expected, so please wait patiently and give us some time to get that issue resolved. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am on an iPhone SE running iOS 9.3.2 and Zus app version 2.0.8 and Firmware v. 3.0.0.4. Recently I, too, have been having the problem of the Zus app often not being able to save the location of my car. Also, when I get in my car and connect my iPhone to the charger, it is connected, but the app doesn’t find my current location. Not sure what is up, but wanted to chime in that I, too, and having this problem. I’m not sure if it’s a problem with the latest Zus app, or the latest iOS update, frankly. Thanks for all your support and hard work with a great product!

Hello, same exact issue. Is there a way to get the previous version?

Hi @LB_Brooks , Sorry for the inconvenience it caused. Please upgrade to the latest version 2.0.9, kill the app and open it again. If the issue still remains, please give us feedback here. We’ll keep pondering it and figure it out.

Hi @rshen1 the same advice as above, please upgrade to the latest version to see if this issue has been resolved. If not, please let us know and we will look for another solution. :slight_smile:

I’m having the same problem-- using iPhone 6, Zus version 2.0.9 (latest) and location fails to save 100% of the time.

This had been going on for about a month! Used to work flawlessly, except recently.

Any thoughts on what I should check?

1 Like

Hi, @Albert_Chu , I have sent a message to ask for some personal information. Please check the message.

The upgrade to the latest version helped the problem - thanks! While it doesn’t work 100% of the time, it works most of the time now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad to hear that! If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to post it on nonda Forum! :relaxed:

How about you do some testing on an android phone? There are too many people having this same issue for you guys not being able to figure it out.

1 Like

I think that is a great idea. I have been having the same issue and I am parking in the same spot at my office that I always have: an open-air parking lot in the middle of town, and I did not have any problems until recently. Clearly, I don’t need ZUS to help me find my car when I am at the office, but it is a test.

1 Like