How long will the sensor's battery last?

All my sensors battery can only last me for less than a month and there is no warning of low voltage and it just go no signal. Replaced with new battery then it will work again. Happened to both of my cars with the same ZUS TPMS.

I used mine for like 6 months ++

Hello @Vern_Chia_Pang
The batteries in the sensors are supposed to be working for 1 year with a daily average of 3 hours of driving.
I’d suggest if you still have the old batteries, put them back again and see if you can get the low battery alert from the app.
How long have you been using the STSM? How many rounds of batteries have you changed? All of them last only 1 month?
Do you drive both vehicles frequently? Have you ever park any of your vehicle with the STSM installed for a long time without moving it?
These could help for debugging.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

I could use mine for 6 months before they gave up, and I definitively move the car less than 3 hours a day. Falls short of the 1 year they should hold up…

Temperature outside have an effect, also the length of the driving

from battery university
All batteries achieve optimum service life if used at 20°C (68°F) or slightly below.

If, for example, a battery operates at 30°C (86°F) instead of a more moderate lower room temperature, the cycle life is reduced by 20 percent. At 40°C (104°F), the loss jumps to a whopping 40 percent, and if charged and discharged at 45°C (113°F), the cycle life is only half of what can be expected if used at 20°C (68°F).

The performance of all batteries drops drastically at low temperatures; however, the elevated internal resistance will cause some warming effect by efficiency loss caused by voltage drop when applying a load current.
At –20°C (–4°F) most batteries are at about 50 percent performance level. Although NiCd can go down to –40°C (–40°F), the permissible discharge is only 0.2C (5-hour rate).
Specialty Li-ion can operate to a temperature of –40°C but only at a reduced discharge rate; charging at this temperature is out of the question. With lead acid there is the danger of the electrolyte freezing, which can crack the enclosure. Lead acid freezes quicker with a low charge when the specific gravity is more like water than when fully charged.

1 Like

It was mostly between 10 and 20 degrees here in the last 6 months, with occasional 5 degrees C for one or two weeks. Nothing which should half the battery life, in my opinion…

I would say the batteries which came with the device were lying around on a shelf for quite some time before being sent to the customer…

1 Like

HI Julieta,

Been using it for since end of 2017. The replacement of the batteries is more of my monthly routine. Been trying replaced with branded as well as cheap provide the same lifetime.

Both cars are used daily by myself and wife.

Perhaps it might be due to my country temperature? I am reside in Malaysia which is summer all year long at 35 - 40 Celcius.

I live in Thailand :slight_smile:
so same temp as malaysia more or less :slight_smile:

I think many factor have effect on the battery life

• outside temperature
  • pressure and temp of tire
  • how long and how many time a day you driving

whenever i replace battery, i replace all even some are not yet low battery

Changed battery only once last year

I wonder if nonda switched battery manufacturers in between, and that’s why for example Yoann_Berthome’s batteries lasted all year, and others (like mine) barely for half a year. It sure is not the temperature here in my area affecting battery life…

1 Like