Quick Launch Icon or Button Suggestion

Greetings Nonda Backup Camera Users,

I’m sure that everyone is aware of the troublesome nature of trying launch the backup camera from within the app. The fact that you have to take your eyes off the road to:

1. Find the app (+2 to 3 seconds)
  2. Find the backup camera within the app. (+1 to 2 seconds)
  3. App communicates with camera via bluetooth to wake it up (+1 to 3 seconds)
  4. Camera creates its own hotspot to output video. (+3 to 5 seconds)
  5. Phone connecting to said hotspot. (up to 1 minute)
    This was my observation with using a Samsung Note 9

All this takes a large amount of time and by the time it’s ready, using the camera is almost, to completely pointless. My suggestion to the development team is to create a separate app dedicated to the backup camera alone A.K.A Quick Launch Icon or ideally a button. This will allow the user to reduce the finding, launching, and pairing cycle. Also, it reduces lines of code so it’s easier to compile and debug since its not integrated into a microcosm of an app. The button / icon could just be a simple Nonda symbol to launch the camera.

1 Like

^ This. applaud

Main reason I ended up not getting the Camera, is the way it functions on the device side.
to add to what @bak4b0y stated. Even within the app, create a Widget for Android, that compiles this as widget Icon on the homescreen.

Yes, advance users (or self-proclaimed techies) can use Tasker and other such apps, but Nonda focus was to bring OLD cars back to life. That means your market users are a range from old generation to new. Not everyone has time to learn tasker or similar apps, not everyone is going to run that either.

As for iOS. @bak4b0y suggestion to be a standalone icon makes still more sense.

+1 x Infinity to this suggestion.

The backup camera is unfortunately unusable in current state.

I tried to use it for a while, but it ended up being more trouble than it was worth. Not just for the reasons listed above, but due to the battery life issue if you park within bluetooth range of your house. Charging every few days is a pain.

I personally think, hardwired option for such functionality is always better.
But the product was meant for “easy installation”, but that’s about it. It doesn’t benefit the user in the long term, in my opinion.

I think it is useful, but Nonda really needs to up their game on R&D (Research and Development).

However, I do like Nonda and support their efforts on their product line regardless.