I was really impressed with this product. I love the functionality, usefulness, and the packaging was really nice.
1. Inconvenience during the whole installation process regarding the sensor & receiver. How much time does it cost you to install the whole set? (from opening the box to having app readings) Installation sequence: did you power up the receiver first or go straight ahead with installation with the sensors?
-No inconvenience during setup. Total install time was probably close to 10 minutes from opening box to all sensors on and app connected, however it did take an additional 5-7 minutes for all sensors to show tire pressure. Two connected right away, the third connected 1-2 minutes later and then the last one took what seemed like a long time.
2. Any problems with the APP? Does the readings of air pressure of the 4 tires shown almost immediately after the installation is completed? Does any of the tire readings fail to show more than 1 min? Does the problem sensor finally get readings after some remedies?
-No problems with the app, it has worked flawlessly for me. As stated above, two tires showed a pressure reading almost immediately, followed somewhat shortly (1-2 min) by the third, and the last took awhile (3-5) minutes after the other 3 showed readings. I removed the last sensor and re-installed it and the pressure reading displayed within a minute or two.
3. Any misunderstanding/ unclear words & phrases you discovered with the User Manual.
-No, I thought the User Manual was clear and effective.
4. Any specific points that please you.
-I really like the app design. The visual design of the receiver is nice too, especially the fact that you don't have to open the app to tell which tire has a problem. I also thought it was a nice touch that the leds turning off after normal operation for 5 minutes. USB pass through is also a nice convenience.
A couple things that I just wanted to comment on:
- I don't know if the package will change or not but I feel like a piece of double sided tape or velcro should absolutely be included in the box with this product. Without anything it just falls around and ends up hanging almost immediately. It looks bad, I can't see all the tire status leds easily, and it won't be as convenient to plug another USB into.
- I could have stood to have a little bit longer cord on the receiver. It worked out in a rather good spot in my car but the short USB really limits you to where the receiver can be placed.
- My point of including double sided tape or velcro in the box also made me realize that the button is on the back of the device, on the only flat side of the receiver.. I'm not sure the necessity of the button because the alarm stops on its own and to restart (if you ever need to) I think you could just unplug the USB and re-plug it in. Velcro could also be used to avoid the problem but then the receiver will not sit flat and will be raised up some and not look as nice. Obviously this is not a big deal or negative, I just feel like it might have been a bit of a design oversight.
- I personally don't mind the beep at the startup of the vehicle, but it would be nice to have an option for that to be disabled.