When I received my Aiko it was dead/broken

I was looking forward to trying out this cool new innovational product but my Aiko was broken. I pushed the Q for 3-4 seconds and even tried longer and harder and it would not turn on. Very disappointed I won’t get a chance to try out this new tech.

Did you get it to work?

No it is truly Dead. I’m going to do some exploratory surgery today or tomorrow. They are sending me a new one. I hope this new one works. I have been reading some of your trials. Sounds like you were doing a lot of testing and trial and error before you got yours to work too.

So after some minor surgery I got it open. Looks like it is a dead battery. Volt meter shows less then 3v on the battery. I put a cr2032 from my cars remote and it still didn’t quite work. I pulled out the circuit board and tools some pictures then I tried the good battery again and it worked with the circuit board pulled out of the case I didn’t try using it back in the case yet. I will get a good battery from the hardware store and try that completely put back together. I will update you on that once I get the battery. Here are the pictures you asked for.

Uploading…
Uploading…
Uploading…
Uploading…
Uploading…
Uploading…
Uploading…
Uploading…

1 Like

Hi @Robert_Doyle_Jr , sorry for the inconvenience it caused, and as we promised you will get an new AIKO. I hope you can understand that we are still beta testing AIKO, and we are trying our best to avoid any quality issue like this. We will make it better when officially released. :slight_smile:

Thanks @Gordon. This is fun and expected as a beta tester. Thanks for asking me to crack open the dead Aiko. It was interesting to see everything in the Aiko. I will see if replacing the battery will get it to work as well with all put back together. If it does I will test both and let you know if I have any issues with both devices. Thanks again for allowing me to be a part of this exciting process.

1 Like

I received my new Aiko yesterday. I ripped it open and it powered on and paired easily with my phone. Now to test it out and see all the places that I can use this little gem! Thanks again for including me in the test.

1 Like