WiFi on ios13

After iOS 13 upgrade, ZUS cam will not stay connected to WiFi. Still works on iOS 12. Updated app and have latest updates to ios13 but no luck. WiFi connects when ZUS app is launched but no image is transferred. It then says go to settings and connect Wifi even though ZUS camera is connected. Anybody else having this issue?

Yes, I have the same problem. I’ve even reset the Network Settings. Even though the initial setup diagnostics seem to confirm that Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are connected, the ZUS app simply fails and tells me that I need to “Switch the Wi-Fi to ‘ZUS_BC_1780’” every single time. Incredibly frustrating.

It seems that the app needs updating, but your post is the only acknowledgement that anyone else is having this issue. Now what?

@jonlafloe and @larrypetty

I have been apart of this forum for awhile now, and it’s been reported that iOS user’s have experienced connectivity issues with these products.

The forums used to be monitored by @Julieta and other Nonda members but it seems they have abandoned the forums over the last few months. App updates may not fix the issues you are expecting, as it may be something within iOS that restrictions the connection if no internet is available. As a Android user, I can only say that on Android we have a way to ignore that alert (of no internet) and still connect anyways to devices. I am not a iPhone user to know if that’s a setting that can be turned off.

1 Like

@larrypetty also I will add that the Wifi on the Dashcam does time out after so long. It’s not meant to be connected constantly, and the dashcam is only recording when not connected via WiFi.

Having the exact same issue as @larrypetty and @jonlafloe. Very frustrating. When I hit “cannot connect” then “contact us” it says "customer support offline. Working time Mon - Fri, 10am - 5pm PST and I am in that window of time. I wish that I had gotten a different backup cam.

I received my Zus reverse cam from Amazon yesterday and was super excited. But today, trying to get the camera to pair with my iPhone SE (iOS 13.2.3) was a nightmare. It would initially link and then say internet disconnected.

I took the unit away from strong WiFi sources and was finally able to pair the device. But then activating the camera resulted in a grainy low resolution still picture and even that took ages to load. I have tried forget this device and then pairing the device many times. The best performance I could get was a jerky, pixelated, grainy video that lagged real time by 2 or 3 seconds and then froze or cut out dead. At this stage I gave up.

I just noticed my iPhone has gone to low power mode with the Zus using 28% of the battery power after I performed these pretty limited tests.

The extremely bad/non-existent connectivity makes the reverse cam completely useless. It is difficult to understand how many glowing reports are out there. Is it me or the unit?

I am at this moment researching on the internet to see if there is some fix. I will give it a day, but I don’t feel optimistic. Otherwise, I will return it to Amazon.

I am so disappointed at the moment…

Hey, folks! I got a hold of a Nonda Customer Care person and asked about this issue. They replied with some troubleshooting steps and I thought I would share them here, since I FINALLY got my camera to pair again!

Update to the latest iOS version available for your device.

Delete the Monitor from the ZUS app: Go to the gear icon at the right corner -> tap on i beside the device name, tap ‘delete’ at the bottom of the page.

Uninstall the ZUS app and restart your iPhone

Reinstall the ZUS app and pair again.

I’m wondering, based on these steps, if the phone’s cache needs to “unlearn” the existence of the camera. I did, however, notice that opening the ZUS app seemed to present different steps to adding the camera back (including “password saved, go to Settings”).

I hope this helps others!