ZUS QC a-Fans: Submit your final review here!

Thank you for your intrepid spirit and hard work during the Beta testing phase of ZUS QC. Please feel free to submit any issues or feature requests and comments in this forum so we may resolve them for our product.

We would also be very grateful for your answers to the following questions:

1. Please rate ZUS QC on a scale of 1 – 5:
    5–Excellent 4–Good 3–Fair 2–Unsatisfactory 1–Poor

2.Compared with the Android original charger. Did ZUS QC charging faster?

3.In your own words, what are the things that you like most about ZUS QC?

4.What are the things that you are not satisfied with ZUS QC? Will you please describe why and how to improve it?

5.Are there any other comments about ZUS QC you would like to add?

Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us.

2 Likes
  1. I would give ZUS QC 5 stars.

2. It does what its designed to do.
    I compared the QC in my car with another NON QC charger using identical phones and identical cables.
    The ZUS charged the my iPhone twice as fast.

3. I love the design and reversible charging ports. I really hate having to twist and turn my cable to fit into the port specially with the space constraint in my car. I have big hands and my car has a small space under the dash where the charger ports are specially with other stuff left in the area.
    I also love the family share, now when I pick up wife from work or kids from the mall, they know where I am parked and I don’t have to be annoying to other by blowing my horn on the car to get the family’s attention.

4. I wished it had real time GPS tracking who I would know where my kids are all time when they take the car.

5. Thanks for the opportunity to test the ZUS QC. its a great device and I would recommend it to all my family and friends.

1. I would rate the ZUS QC as a 5.

2. Compared with the charger that came with my S7, it charged at almost exactly the same speed. But this is a good thing! Most chargers I use (especially car chargers) charge really slow, but the ZUS QC charged my phone just as fast as a dedicated wall fast charger. Compared with my other, regular 'ole car charger though, this charged much, MUCH faster! This is a huge plus!

3. Some of the things that I like most about the ZUS QC are:
    -its reversible USB ports. I absolutely love the fact that, when I’m in a hurry or trying to get to school in the morning, I can quickly plug my phone in without fumbling with the cable and trying to put it in wrong. The way this was designed is stellar, and really shows how much care Nonda puts in to the design of their products!
    -is quick charging. Most car chargers you see don’t support any type of fast charging. In fact, some of them even charge SLOWER than normal wall chargers! Having the ability to utilize the quick charging so that you get the most juice in your phone before you’re back out of the car is SUPER beneficial, especially when you’re out and about all day!
    -the lighting. In the dark, especially when you’re in a hurry, the lighting around the USB ports is extremely useful to have. No more fumbling around in the dark!
    -the ability to track where I parked seamlessly. I mean, come on! It’s like the coolest feature of the device! I haven’t had any problems with it, and I use it constantly to find where I parked in the student parking lot. It’s saved my butt plenty of times!

4. Some of the things I am not satisfied with are:
    -how it occasionally slides out of the cigarette-lighter port. It doesn’t happen a ton, but sometimes I’ll go into my car and plug in my phone, only failing to realize that the ZUS isn’t plugged in all the way! I think this could be fixed by just increasing the diameter of the plug-in part very slightly. This way it would be less likely to slide out.
    -the ZUS app occasionally grabs incorrect location data. It doesn’t happen often though. I don’t know if this can be fixed through a software update though. Just thought I should point it out!

5. I wasn’t able to thoroughly test the Family Share feature, as no one else drives my car or needs to know where I park (more than on the occasion). However, I think this feature is extremely useful for the plenty of people that use it! As for the Car Battery Health Analyser, I will test that as soon as the feature is released (I have an older car, so this would be very helpful) and post my thoughts on it as soon as I need to!

Ultimately, the ZUS QC is a great buy for anyone who wants a very special car charger with plenty of other amazing features. If those tiny flaws that I mentioned were addressed, it would be absolutely perfect! Thanks for giving me the opportunity to test it, and I look forward to future beta testing!

1. 4
  2. The Zus QC charges much faster than my standard android charger and charges at the same speed as my Samsung QC charger.
  3. I love the sleek look to it and how much it looks like some over priced fancy piece of equipment when truly it is an affordable piece that has become a part of my car. I love that my phone can now be charged in a very short amount of time when I am at home and when I am away.
  4. This one certainly has better staying power than my original, but occasionally it does get bumped out of the socket and messes up my last parked location
  5. I strongly feel that you have a great product and I am eagerly awaiting the added features that have already been mentioned and anything else you come up with in the future!

Sorry for this late report but wanted to test this animal and get most out of it.

First of all I want to congratulate nonda for improving the previous ZUS in a notorious aspect.

• Charging is AWESOME. This thing charges my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 in 55 minutes with a dead battery. In another occasion charged it from 72 % to 100% in only 18 minutes which demonstrate the QC technology does the math.

• Love the 3 white led dots when not pumping energy into the device and the green leds when pumping energy into the charging device. This is simply stunning.

• As for the location technology it performs as good as the previous ZUS charger making your vehicle easy to find with the app.

• Last but not least I love the factor of plugging in the USB cable in any orientation with makes this device absolutely user friendly for anyone on the vehicle.

• Hands down a great upgrade. Well done Nonda & ZUS

Did not experienced it sliding out of the car charging slot.

Pros… All
Cons… None
Rating 10/10

Doest it worth upgrading? HECK YEAH…!!!

FYI I tested the Zus QC with an HTC One and Sony Xperia Z1

1. 4 stars
  2. For the Z1 I found that the Zus QC charged the device twice as fast as my regular Android Charger. For the HTC One I didn’t notice a significant difference in charging speeds.
  3. The fast charging (for the Z1) is a big help. I find that especially in the evenings when I go out, the short charge gives me plenty of juice in the device to last the evening. I love the fact that you don’t have to find the right side to insert the usb cable into the Zus QC. This is a huge pain that I have with my other usb devices, so you guys have done a great job with this. I like green light - nice design touch that adds a premium feel to the charger.
  4. How about showing whether the device is charging or not by having the Zus lights flash when charging? I find myself checking my phone display, but it would be far more convenient to check the Zus itself.
  5. Maybe some more information in the instructions about what the green vs white lights on the Zus signify.

[quote=“LEG, post:1, topic:5325”]
1.Please rate ZUS QC on a scale of 1 – 5:5–Excellent 4–Good 3–Fair 2–Unsatisfactory 1–Poor

I would rate the ZUS QC a 4.5 because the GPS is not always accurate and it didn’t always pick up on the new parking location. But charger wise and overall I love it!

Compared with my Android original charger? There is no real comparison, the ZUS is much faster!

I love the fast charge in the car while I am on the go. I love being able to share my car location with my family also.

4.What are the things that you are not satisfied with ZUS QC? Will you please describe why and how to improve it?

The GPS was not always accurate and it didn’t always save the most recent parking location. I don’t really know how this can be fixed, other than making sure you are fully connected to the ZUS before you turn off the car.

I love the ZUS and am glad I got to take part in the Beta test. This is the best car-charger I have ever owned! Thank you for choosing me! I hope I get more opportunities in the future!

We would also be very grateful for your answers to the following questions:

Please rate ZUS QC on a scale of 1 – 5:

• I would rate this at a 4.5. closer to 4.

• I noticed a marked improvement on the charging speed the ZUS QC was able to maintain on my Samsung Galaxy when compared to my Belkin dual port car charger.
    Usually when I use the Belkin, the charge would barely maintain and would actually drain slightly after an hour or more of driving while using HERE WeGo GPS app.
    I was able to charge my device from 67% to full on a 2 hour drive while using HERE WeGo GPS app and playing music.
    I did notice that the Samsung Galaxy would get hot occasionally more so compared to my Belkin charger. The device did get quite hot at one time and shut off, but it was exposed to the sun on the car’s dashboard and this may be related more to the sun exposure.
    With regards to my iPhone 5 and 6S, I noticed a 5-10% increase in speed of charging, no heat issues.

• Reversible ports are best.
    I love the heft to the device and the sleek look.
    I’ve had a few inquiries on the charger. I don’t get that with my other chargers.
    LED’s are a nice touch to give subtle illumination and notification.
    I did not use the Family Share and Parking features.

• I noticed on my two cars, the port seems a bit looser than my two other chargers.
    The size conductive contacts seem to not give as much of a hold to my cars power ports.
    This would prevent my phones from charging and I have to push/reseat the ZUS further into the port.
    Didn’t happen often, but happened enough that I noticed it more than my previous chargers.
    One is a 2000 Acura Intergra and the other is a 2010 Toyota Corolla.
    I tried this on a recent Chevy Malibu rental car, I believe it was a 2016 model, and the port had a firm fit, but I could see over time this getting loose like my two older cars.

I think is is a great device overall. But I would like to see a firmer connection to the car power port, as I assume this will be used in a mix of older cars with power ports that have slightly worn over time.

1 Like

I received a replacement of the ZUS QC and can tell visually that there’s a difference with the side contacts. They are evenly extended out from the shaft of the charger and I will be testing this on an upcoming road trip this weekend.

Version 1 on left and version 2 on right

10.26.2016 **Update **

I have tested the first version and the newer version with updated side contacts.
I have noticed that the charger still pulls out more than my Belkin and iOttie chargers.

Not sure if its the coating along the length of the side contacts.
Since my last test, I have used this newer version in the Toyota Corolla 2010 and Honda Fit 2012 (personal cars).
I have also used this newer version in a Dodge Challenger 2015 and Dodge Dart 2015 and have found the newer version DOES appear to connect slightly better than the older charger.
I will continue to use the updated version.
Will still carry around the 2 chargers on my next trip and my Belkin charger to see how they fair on different vehicles.

Overall, a much needed improvement on the side connections.

I may try to sandpaper the sides of the old one to see a change in texture will help maintain connection in the older vehicles.

3 Likes

Please rate ZUS QC on a scale of 1 – 5:
The ZUS QC deserves a 5-excellent. It worked great.
It did bring faster charging speeds than my original charger.
I like that you kept the same design as the original ZUS. I also liked how it charged faster than my original charger.
Nothing at the moment
None right now

1. 5-Excellent
  2. It charged about the same as the home QC charger, but definitely faster than the “fast” usb car charger that I had.
  3. Love having the dual ports. The build quality is superb, and the led lights are great for connecting cables in the dark.
  4. When plugging into the car lighter socket, it doesn’t feel as snug. When connecting the cable to ZUS or to the phone, the ZUS would move or loosen and break contact with the power, and only be seeing the led lights are off would I have known. I feel like I have to always double check to make sure it is seated properly.
  5. I like the white and green leds. I was wondering if the led lights can change back to white or some other color to let me know when the phone is fully charged.
    1. It’s worked as advertised and have had no issues using it.
  1. It’s much faster. Used it on Android with S7 and also iPhone 7 Plus, it seems to charge faster on 7 plus as well.

2. Quick charging, dual usb ports, good looking app.

3. placement of USB ports is awkward. the placement gives the zus a unique look but for some cars, the ports can get blocked.

4. haven’t had anything i could think of.

1. 4/5

2. Yes. It does indeed charge faster. It’s also noticed that it doesn’t get as hot as my anker qc charger.

3. My favorite part about the ZUS QC is that it has reversible USB ports. It becomes less of a hassle to plug in my USB. Thank you Nonda (:wink:

4. I don’t like that the ZUS QC still runs when my car is turned off. I have to take it out of the socket everytime I get out of the car in fear that it will drain my car’s battery.

EDIT (10/20/2016): I realized that the ElegantShine™ lightning is dimmer than my original ZUS and has a slighly yellow hue. Wish it was as bright and white as my original ZUS. Hope this is a software bug that can be fixed with a software update.
5. Please offer more colors for the ZUS. Maybe an electric blue ,matallic beige, or ceramic white color would be nice in my opinion.

The device is awesome and really works well as per the expectation. For the asked price, the device is worth with all the features it is packed with.

Starts: 4.5/5

Pros:

1. The charging points charges faster than any other ordinary charger available in the market.
  2. There are two charging ports available.
  3. The LED lights are not to harsh on eye in the night time.
  4. The quick notification about the parking and also the option to start parking time is great.

Cons:

1. The packaging is not a frustration free packing.
  2. The GPS signals are lost when parked indoor.
  1. Please rate ZUS QC on a scale of 1 – 5:

5 - It is really the best product in its class.

I tested ZUS QC with Samsung S7 and Microsoft Lumia 950 and compared the results with the original Zus and ordinary wall charger. ZUS QC was significantly faster so the Quick Charge really works on it.

• QC feature is the best thing hands down. My commute to work is around half an hour and QC feature gives me enough time to charge the phone.
  • Reversible port design.
  • Lighting - not too bright, just right level of brightness. My car has black interior so the lighting really helps find ZUS ports nighttime.

This is also car specific but ZUS QC does not fit snugly in my father’s car (Isuzu Trooper) port. Sometimes It hops out. Though it sits perfectly in my car (Opel Astra Coupe). Maybe there is a way to redesign the clips of ZUS QC to fit well in more cars’ ports.

I would like to have a ZUS QC with GPS tracking. I know it will increase costs but I still want that feature.

And thank you very much for the a-fans program and the possibility to test such a great product.

1 Like
  1. Please rate ZUS QC on a scale of 1 – 5: 5

2. Compared with the Android original charger. Did ZUS QC charging faster? Yes! I was actually astounded with how quickly it got my device either topped up or at 100%. Just a short car trip and - boom! charged! Even when charging two devices we had tremendous success and were both astonished at the charge speed, not having had any “quick” chargers in the past.

3. In your own words, what are the things that you like most about ZUS QC?(a) Fast charging of two devices simultaneously;(b) Cable orientation — so smart! Why aren’t all USB ports like that? So brilliant © Battery health monitoring for peace of mind. The 12-volt plug up front in my Nissan Frontier is “hot” so it is easy to forget something is drawing power (i.e., we use a inverter to charge laptops during long trips and have forgotten it when getting out of the car). Having the QC track battery condition is a godsend. I like that it tracks not only current condition, but shows over time. Really nifty and well implemented.

4. What are the things that you are not satisfied with ZUS QC? Will you please describe why and how to improve it? It’s a small quibble, but the packaging is major overkill. I thought I was going to damage it getting it out of the box. Seriously reconsider the frustration factor for your users.

5. Are there any other comments about ZUS QC you would like to add? This device has gone from “nice to have” to essential gear for me. I feel so lucky to have had the chance to test and review it. I cannot recommend it highly enough, and it’s what everyone is getting for Christmas this year!

1. On a scale of 1 - 5, ZUS QC gets an Excellent “5”. A very strong and well earned 5! A superb product.

– Yes! ZUS QC charged my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 faster than the original charger and faster than any other claiming to charge faster.
– One time my battery was completely depleted, I plugged the ZUS QC charger and drove for 25 minutes to my next appointment while the phone was off, thinking I needed as much charge as possible. When I arrived and turned my phone on, the battery was 82% charged!!! I had never seen anything like it.

– Completely love how much faster my phone charges.
– Truly like the way the ZUS QC light turns green to confirm it is in Quick Charge mode, charging my QC enabled device much faster.
– For non-QC enabled phones, the ZUS QC light appears white. That small light is non-intrusive but it lights the car nicely when it’s completely dark.
– The new CAR BATTERY HEALTH MONITOR feature is fantastic! I love how it graphs my car’s volts and health to know potential problems. My car does not turn off the electrical current to the lighter outlet so I need to unplug my ZUS QC every time I exit the car. I forgot to unplug it once and returned 14 hours later, turned the car on no problem and drove off forgetting about that day. A reminder asking to show the Car Battery Health Monitor showed how the volts were lower for that day as well as my car battery’s information for the past month. This is a great new feature.
– The Family Share feature is fantastic. Having my family able to find me and me find them easily is so appreciated.
– Similar to the original ZUS, the ability to find my car by the last place I parked via GPS location or by taking a photo, and the timer alarm to remind me when I need to feed the parking meter.

– There is nothing I am unsatisfied about regarding my ZUS QC. This product has all positives and no negatives for me.

– Kudos to the Nonda team for the new features and the great work on a truly superb product!!!
– Nonda’s ZUS QC is by far the best car charger I’ve seen in the market and I strongly recomend everyone who charges their phone in the car to upgrade to this car charger.
– Keep up the great work Nonda!
– Have you considered developing a universal car phone holder with QC wireless charging for phones with QC and wireless charging capabilities? Simply placing the phone on the wireless charger and not plugging in every time would not only be more convenient, it is better for the phone’s charge port.

Thank you for allowing me to receive the new ZUS QC at no charge to test it and rate it.

1. Rating for the ZUS QC - 5, works great, no issues at all. Using with Samsung Galaxy S5
  2. ZUS was much faster than any of my prior car charges - including a few “quick chargers” I have tried.
  3. What do I like most - I would have to say best thing is that I can use navigation and be talking on my phone during the trip and arrive at my destination with a fully charged phone. Something other charges have had issues doing. At best they would keep up so if I left with a phone at 75%, I arrived with a phone near 75%. With Zus QC, even starting with low charge, after a long drive using nav and the phone, it was 100% charged when I arrived.
    While the park locator is a nice feature, I did not really have to use it but I did test it out and it worked fine. Can not comment on lights since my port is inside a console so I can not see it but I did not have any issues with it sliding out as I have had with other chargers I have used.
  4. Only improvement I would have asked about was always getting the poor GPS signal warning but last weeks software update solved that problem. Seem to work much better now. I would also agree the package was a bit frustrating to get the ZUS separated from. I was concerned I might break it trying to separate it from the packing.
  5. I love the ZUS and am glad I got to take part in the Beta test, planning on getting more for family in the future.
  1. Rating 4.5/5

2. The two charging points are real add on and they charge real fast.

3. The device is awesome and really works well as per the expectation. For the asked price, the device is worth with all the features it is packed with.
    Pros
    a. The charging points charges faster than any other ordinary charger available in the market.
    b. There are two charging ports available.
    c. The LED lights are not to harsh on eye in the night time.
    d. The quick notification about the parking and also the option to start parking time is great.

4. Cons:
    a. The packaging is not a frustration free packing.
    b. The GPS signals are lost when parked indoor.

5. This device comes so handy and is very useful for a person like me. I can totally relate to all those people who park for limited time and with in the city its easy to loose track where the car is parked.

1. Rating: -5
  2. Th new unit does charge more quickly, which I love.
  3. The reversible ports are a real advantage, especially after dark. Also, the angle of the ports are but wonderful, as other chargers sometimes do not fit within the confines of the locations. I do not use the GPS very often but when I have checked it it has worked as directed. The only times is malfunctioned was when I was in an area with poor reception.
  4. The issue that occurred most often was the unit would work its way out of the port. In part, it may operator error in using the phone while plugged in or the jiggling while driving. Never the less, a stronger spring may solve this issue.
  5. There needs to be more information concerning the white and green lights. After review of the enclosed literature, I either missed it or it wasn’t included. I’m still not sure what they relate to. Overall, this product is worth its price. As in all product innovation, there will be a better version and all of us that are testing will make this product better. Thank you for the opportunity to test.